Prototype intel x25e 256gb?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DavidCL23, Nov 17, 2010.

1. DavidCL23, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010

DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

Here is a link. I can purchase the SSD from an associate, should I do it?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101117064702AAOm8F3&r=w

I just wanted to clarify, the associate owns a large nationwide trucking company, and this is a lost cargo item. The shipper has been notified and has not responded within the legal time frame so it is now owned by my friend.

Any theories as to what the chipset is, I am 99% sure that is an X25e Samsung controller. The board looks similar to X25e, but different then the current gen.

The more I research it appears to be the 300gb future x25e drive :)

What is a fair price to pay my friend for the drive?

2. DavidCL23 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. MH01 Suspended

MH01

if this infact is a prototype.... then i would stay clear of it. First of all the legal implications and second sticking something into your computer that can potentially lead to damaged components etc. There is a good reason they are prototypes and not ready for deployment.

Just look at how apple threw they toys out of the pram over the lost iphone 4 prototype... stay clear.

4. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Since he didn't pay anything for it and it is potentially dangerous to use, I would say something like $100 would be reasonable. Especially considering the legal implications that could possibly be associated. I probably would not buy it.