Protruding camera and scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by impulse462, Oct 21, 2014.

1. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Hi all,

Loving my iPhone 6. I've rocked every single iPhone since 07 naked and I haven't cracked a screen yet. I have some hairline scratches on some of my phones but I can take it if I'm using the device naked. My question with the 6 is the protruding camera.

When I place the phone down on a surface (I usually always do this pretty gently), is the camera more prone to getting scratched just because it's sticking out? If it has the sapphire glass, how resistant is that to scratching? While I may not mind hairline scratches on the body of the phone, I don't want to get that great camera scratched up.

Any help is appreciated.

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Good question. I'm rocking my 6+ naked and have been since September 19th. I'm always laying it down on a surface and haven't had a scratch yet.. we'll see how that holds up over time

3. Oli20 macrumors member

My understanding is the that sapphire has much better scratch resistance than other glass that is used on the phone. Hence Apple was wanting it for the phones. I think the only issue with it is that is tends to shatter easier. So if you are setting it down gentle I wouldn't imagine you'll have any issues. The home button is also sapphire for the same reason so that it won't scratch and ruin TouchID

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

this is correct

5. impulse462 thread starter Suspended

impulse462

Cool. I'm pretty careful with my phones so I think I'll be fine then. thanks for the info

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Sapphire can only be scratched by diamonds.