iPad Protube hd iPad 3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by adamj575, Jun 4, 2012.

1. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

It shows a big funky lookin square icon that is straight fugly if you ask me....any way to make it look more normal?

2. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Use iFile. Go to...

Var/Stash/Applications/ProTube and change this file icon name.

[​IMG]

It has to be the one with the rounded corners.

Change the file name to icon@2x.png

Change the other file name above it or below it with a similar name to icon@2x.png1 so you can rename the other one first. It won't allow you to have to file names the same in the directory.

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

3. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

Thanks a bazillion man....worked like a charm!

----------

While I'm at it....fairly new to the jb scene....what size are your icons in your dock for that spacing and what tweak is that....I'm using springtomize but mine are closer together than that...

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

No problem man! :)

Ok, I reduced all my icons to 75% using springtomise in the icons section and then selected 10 icons enabled in the dock section.

5. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Frenchjay, I followed your directions and the icon is not changing on the rounded version. When using image viewer in iFile it displays the better, rounded icon, but the home screen still has the square version. I've tried a respring, reboot and powering down an back on. No luck.

Any suggestions? The icon's permissions are 644 so that's not the issue. I'm stumped. :confused: :)

Does anyone have a replacement icon? I've been looking but haven't found one yet.

6. JazzG macrumors member

Same thing happened to me mate, wouldn't work at first and a combination of restarting, respring and iwipecache seemed to sort it out. I don't know which did it but I tried all of that and the next day the icon had sorted itself out!

7. bobright macrumors 601

8. JazzG macrumors member

Let's you use the full YouTube on your iPad, the stock one has a lot of content missing. However doesn't fully work, for some videos gives me an error saying that I'm using a mobile device!

9. Sylon, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I'm having the same issue he is, I'll give it a restart or two and see what happens. Wouldn't hurt. Respringing isn't doing it though, I've resprung several times without much luck.

EDIT: I take that back. After the umteenth respring, it finally changed. I guess it heard me talking about it, lol.

10. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Good to know. I'll keep at it and see how it goes. Thanks!

11. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Rename the icon like I said above and now trash the other icon.png's in that folder but nothing else. Empty trash and respring.

12. fsck-y dingo, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I just tried that and still no change. I even reinstalled ProTube HD and tried again with no luck. I emailed the developer a request to make the iPad icon rounded like the iPhone version. I'm not sure if it'll happen but it's worth a try. :)

Edit, I just installed the "open in ProTube" tweak, resprung and it finally changed.

13. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

This is how my folder looks after deleting all the icon.png files.

[​IMG]
    Just the rounded icon is left and you can see how it's named. Once trashed and deleted, I did a respring and mine was changed. I do have open in Protube but I don't see how it would affect the icon file.

14. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Thanks for the screen capture. That's how mine looks now too. I don't think open in protube had an affect at all. That particular respring was probably more of a coincidence than a factor causing the change.

I have some experience with theming iOS and never had this much trouble changing an icon. Thanks again for the advice. I appreciate the time you took to help out.

15. Dkorda macrumors 6502

Oh man I have the same problem.. Not no more!!!

16. denissianto macrumors newbie

I used the new ipad (ipad3) for springtomize. And I couldnt get the dock to have 10 icons just like you. Did I do something wrong? resizing is ok, but not adding more icons...

please help.. thanks :)

17. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

In Settings>Springtomize>Dock just above where you select the number of icons, make sure you Enable "Use Custom Number".

18. denissianto macrumors newbie

I just enabled it. Set dock icons to 8. Reload/respring. Then, still all the same. 6 dock icons, no changes.

Did you use springtomize for ipad 3 ? Do you have to use themes?

19. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Have you tried placing icons on the dock? I did the same thing and was getting mad because it wasn't showing the number of icons I had selected. Then I realized I have to place the icons on the dock! Springtomize is not going to guess which icons you want down there. You have to place them there. Try that and let me know.

20. denissianto macrumors newbie

I disabled my 'iconoclasm' and instantly dock accept 8 icons.
    Also, i found this odd. If you set icons settings 'portrait' to 6-7-8-9 they will give you 6-7-8-9 columns. But, if you set 'landscape' to 6-7-8-9 they wouldnt give you 6-7-8-9 rows. Whatever you set landscape to, maximum is always "6", 6 rows. This only happened if I enabled "use 5 rows". If I disabled it, maximum will only be 5 rows.

Did you get the same effect in your ipad3?