Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by pimentoLoaf
Why?

Maybe he won't say Alumabook because you can spell the metal Aluminium or Aluminum, but it's not Alumanium or Alumanum. ;)

The machines look sweet but the 1.33 GHz machine I've tried at CompUSA seems so much slower than the 1 GHz.

I can't imagine that 9.9 pounds is that horrible. My Wallstreet was 7.7 and was awful as a computer. Besides, I used to carry a luggable PC with plasma display (IBM PS/2 model 70) and that thing was 28 pounds. :D

VIREBEL661

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2003
Originally posted by beerguy
When I see that Toshiba and the 17" from Dell m60, all I can think of is:

kaypro.jpg

EXCELLENT!!! I used one of these in the 80's! Runs on CP/M... For those here that don't know, DOS was a ripoff (and poorly done) clone of CP/M.. DOS was just simply the cheapest OS Bill Gates could buy at the time, and because of it, most people are stuck with a C: drive and a crumby operating system! Weird!

THE PIECE OF TOSHIBA LUNCH TRAY! OMG - it's like a vision of the future circa 1975!

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
This is the 17" Alumibook 1.33 gloaters thread, eh?

Well, I'll have you know my 500MHz (snif) powerbook is plenty fast enough for my miniscule, insignificant (snif) computing needs. Yes, I've got plenty of time on my hands to sit around and wait (snif)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.