Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garrett

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
I just orderd my new Macbook no longer then an hour ago, and I am so ecstatic!

With the Mighty Mouse, and I have a few programs I want to get:

Is their any other programs that I should get? I also plan on getting Aperture when I feel the need to.

Is their anything you guys think I must do before I become a power user?

Also, just so you guys know, I am a 8 year Windows User, so I hope Apple becomes my new way of life.

Thanks!

sp00n

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2007
I would censor your order number, billing/shipping address, your name, etc from that picture. Better yet, I would take down that picture from Flickr and the link to it in your post.

cayley

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2007
Welcome to Mac :) I hope to have one soon too.

And I agree with the other 2 replies, you probably don't want that info out in the wild.

sp00n

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2007
Order number, billing address, and name are usually enough information to make a change on your oder. Nonetheless, a moderator should take down that link.

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
Congrats on your purchase! Let us know how you like it when you get around to playing with it for a little while. I'm still on the last rev iBook and loving it!

hooch

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2006
Chicago
Congrats...I am waiting as patiently as I can for the new macbook pros to be released along with leopard. I am currently very happy with my iBook but I am itching for the speed/beauty of the MBP so I can show it off to my family who doesn't know better.

I was helping my friend yesterday with Parallels and he is happy with his macbook. He says he gets lots of compliments in the office.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
I would remove Disco from your List and add Toast 8

I would also add parallels

Azureus
Adium
Onyx
MactheRipper
and
Handbrake

I dig my new macbook too ;)
as a new macbook owner too, i would strongly recomment u appzapper, beleive me you will use it when u start playing with it and start downloading all kind of dumb programs u never use....

dannewell15

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2007
I just orderd my new Macbook no longer then an hour ago, and I am so ecstatic!

With the Mighty Mouse, and I have a few programs I want to get:

Is their any other programs that I should get? I also plan on getting Aperture when I feel the need to.

Is their anything you guys think I must do before I become a power user?

Also, just so you guys know, I am a 8 year Windows User, so I hope Apple becomes my new way of life.

Thanks!

I am making the switch as well. I have ordered my Macbook after suffering PCs for my whole life up until now. I just got the order despatched email. whoop! Hope it goes well for you. :D

MacbookSwitcher

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2007
Congrats. I got mine about 2 months ago.

The Macbook is a great little machine. Make sure you put in 2 GB RAM.

MiniMan.

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2007
UK
Enjoy your mac bro! when i got my first macbook i was explorin the whole thing for hours! :)

Welcome to :apple:

wkw

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2004
Eugene, OR
I would remove Disco from your List and add Toast 8

keep disco on your list. I have had zero problems with disco, its a great little app. On the other hand, I have burned multiple coasters with toast 8 while trying to burn dvd-r, +r, and rw on my iMac core duo. There is some sort of issue with toast and the slot loading drives found on the mac portables and the imac. just check out the roxio forums and you will find multiple threads. I am done with toast

Garrett

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Thanks for all the warm replies! When I recieved tracking info, it said it was already delivered and I ran to my front door, and it wasn't there! So I look again, FedEx is using the same tracking number for the same product his was shipped October 14th, 2005 lol

I really like Disco, so I am going to keep it their! I forgot to add Adium, but that was on my list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.