proud of myself

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bobbypotluck, Jul 30, 2009.

1. bobbypotluck macrumors member

Decided i needed to brag somewhere about the sick deal i got for my girlfriend today. No one else i tell will appreciate it. Tax free weekend in GA, so saved 100 on my total, 100 off for edu discount, got the macbook unibody (new, clearance) instead of "macbook pro" which saved me an extra 100. Came out to 999 for the notebook, plus free ipod touch and free printer. The ipod is now for sale on ebay. 799 for a new macbook unibody with printer?? That deserves some bragging rights. Sure, no extra two hours of battery, and it doesn't say the word "pro", but facebook works on it, and it looks pretty. That's all she cares about :cool:

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Not to mention the MacBook's plastic outer shell begins to crack after a period of time.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Congrats? That is a great deal. Although if the sole purpose is Facebook???

4. bobbypotluck thread starter macrumors member

Yeah that's why we're getting the Macbook unibody. Funny you mention that. At the time of purchase, we were also taking her old plastic macbook in to repair a crack for the SECOND time. Luckily they repair it free out of warranty, which expired two years ago, without apple care.

Yes unfortunately she is more about having the latest and greatest thing without actually using it to it's fullest potential. She makes the rest of us look bad. Facebook and term papers is about all the action this computer will see.