Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jhu2

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
After 10 years on a windows machine, i finally switched over!! heh

i've been lurking on the forums for almost 2 months now and you guys are amazing, saved me from buying the 2.16ghz macbook 3 weeks ago.

I finally picked up a 2.2ghz gleaming white macbook this past weekend and a bt mighty mouse for my 21st bday!! woot

And this yesterday i went to my university tech store and picked up 4 gigs of crucial ram for her for only 150 usd. this beauty doesn't hang for a sec i love it!!

a little question though, i noticed a slight decrease in battery life when i put in the 4 gigs over the stock 1 gig. is that normal?

once again i love her, i love this place and thanks to you guys, i'm never going back to a windows machine again!!

-james

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
After 10 years on a windows machine, i finally switched over!! heh

i've been lurking on the forums for almost 2 months now and you guys are amazing, saved me from buying the 2.16ghz macbook 3 weeks ago.

I finally picked up a 2.2ghz gleaming white macbook this past weekend and a bt mighty mouse for my 21st bday!! woot

And this yesterday i went to my university tech store and picked up 4 gigs of crucial ram for her for only 150 usd. this beauty doesn't hang for a sec i love it!!

a little question though, i noticed a slight decrease in battery life when i put in the 4 gigs over the stock 1 gig. is that normal?

once again i love her, i love this place and thanks to you guys, i'm never going back to a windows machine again!!

-james

How slight are you talking? 1 minute, 5 minutes, 3 hours?

Csmitte

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
After many late nights researching to buy a MBP I Joined the ADC, sent my info in, and ordered a 2.4, 2GB, 160GB HD 5400RPM MBP, for 1999.00. I also purchased a BT mighty mouse, a Spec Case, and a neoprene incase. Well i took my spec case to the :apple: store and I went through three cases before i called it quits, I took back the incase because there was like an inch of play. so I am still running naked, but I like the feel. Recently i was going to purchase a copy of MAC office 04' from my local PX, only to have a fellow Mac owner stop me and tell me i could get the whole shebang for 20 bucks! so i ordered it. also ordered a BooqBag vyper, Marware cover, I am looking into Parallel's 3.0 and a Copy of Windows XP PRO as i HATE vista. and thats only gonna cost me around 150.00. All told my switching has been great there has been nothing I can't do on the mac, that I could not do on the Windows machine. From the day I bought this MBP I could feel the difference in quality? I dont think i have a screen problem, its so crispy i woul not care. I dont think there is a Windows based machine out there that compares, this forum is a great place and I say thanks you people out there have saved me a great deal of money, time and effort. I also went to OWC and ordered 4GB of Ram for 150.00.
Hah
Its a great machine with great software, and pretty good apple care, I already had 3 dealings, all good in my favor. frankly I am upset it took me so long to change!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.