Pround new mac owner!

JazzMan10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2006
So today i decided it was more important that i learn how to use a mac this summer then waitinf for the merom so i went to my local apple store and picked up a new 15" Macbook Pro 2.16ghz 1gb ram 100gb 5400rpm hd plus a free printer and a 2gb iPod nano (the nano will go to my brother as i already have a 60gb ipod video).

I must say, as soon as i powered it up i realized it doesnt matter what they will come out with in the future....this is awesome! Although i will say it gets HOT, i can still type with it on my lap and touch it wouthout getting scalded. So far i have heard no CPU whine although i dont know what to listen for exactly.

I can take the heat. This computer rocks. Thanks for everyone who's posts i have used for advice.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Congratulations:D :cool: I'm jealous!!!!

But with your HD, I think you mean 100GB 7200RPM? Or is it the 120GB 5400RPM?

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2006
PA
the free nano and free printer only sweetens the deal... if only i waited another two weeks... o well :p
then again, i def dont need ANOTHER FREE printer and already have an ipod.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
heh, i'm in that same "should have waited" boat... 2 weeks after my 17" MBP, they come out with the free iPod/free printer... of course i already have 2 printers and 2 iPods, but hey, free is free right

j/k I LOVE MY MBP, OP, congatulations

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Congrats, mine is currently somewhere between me and the amazon.com wherehouse.... waiting SUCKS!.... oh well, Enjoy!

lexus

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2006
Depends Greatly On The Weather
JazzMan10 said:
So today i decided it was more important that i learn how to use a mac this summer then waitinf for the merom so i went to my local apple store and picked up a new 15" Macbook Pro 2.16ghz 1gb ram 100gb 5400rpm hd plus a free printer and a 2gb iPod nano (the nano will go to my brother as i already have a 60gb ipod video).

I must say, as soon as i powered it up i realized it doesnt matter what they will come out with in the future....this is awesome! Although i will say it gets HOT, i can still type with it on my lap and touch it wouthout getting scalded. So far i have heard no CPU whine although i dont know what to listen for exactly.

I can take the heat. This computer rocks. Thanks for everyone who's posts i have used for advice.
I am really sorry but I think you mean Proud. It was quite confusing at first when I read this thread title.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Based on your post, I'm led to think that you've made the switch. Congrats :D

discoforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
Vermont, USA
JazzMan10 said:

congrats and welcome! (I am so jealous...) :D