PROVEN! iPhone 7/7 Plus camera is better than Galaxy S7/Note

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waitandwait, Sep 17, 2016.

1. wolfedude88 macrumors 6502

wolfedude88

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I think that they're both top tier. Both excel in different situations. Plus pictures really just come down to personal preference most of the time anyway. Some like super punchy, saturated colors, others like toned down, more accurate colors. Both cameras are good in their own right.

3. wolfedude88 macrumors 6502

wolfedude88

This. There was some pictures that I honestly liked on the 6s plus the most. But honestly I do not have a photographic eye, heck all pictures taken with a decent camera look great to me.

4. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Proven? I didn't see any proof of anything. In fact, I thought all 3 phones had better pics than the others on some of those shots. The only phone that had terrible pics was the 6s in the night shots.

All three are pretty good. I'd say it is a toss up between the S7 and iphone 7 if I had to declare a winner.

5. Ries, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016

Ries macrumors 68000

The S7 is too much better, see for yourself:

The mono (iPhone) vs stereo mic (S7) is like night and day. The S7 focuses as fast as a Formular 1 car.

6. lancastor macrumors 6502a

So bad audio microphone quality on iPhone 7. :(

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

What an appropriate title to this thread. You got me there for a few seconds with the click bait title. :)

Anyhoo, S8 probably leapfrogs iPhone 7 Plus even further in six months. Note8 kinda improves upon it like the Note7 did to the S7. The iPhone 8 Plus plays catches up again and still close but no cigar.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note5_vs_s7_edge_vs_note7-review-1479.php

The new king of phone photography, Samsung
    [​IMG]

Waiting on the LG V20 v Note7 camera shootout from GSM Arena myself. LG might not beat the Note7 in overall quality but it has dual cameras on both sides and has interesting camera and audio features. I know V20 is kinda niche like the V10 was and will never outsell Samsung, Apple, or even Huawei, but I prefer it that way. I don't like owning phones that everyone has. For the true phone connoisseurs club. HTC should just give their slogan "Quietly Brilliant" to LG.

8. x34 macrumors 6502

9. Nozuka macrumors 68020

What are you talking about? It sounds better than the S7. The S7 seems to be too sensitive and his voice is distorted

10. willmtaylor, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

11. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I just reviewed the iPhone 7 compared to other iOS devices. The quality I am hearing is better than the video showing the muffled sounding audio in his video. Quite honestly, it sounds like the mic inside the iPad Pro 9.7 which I agree sounds terrible. 7 Mic quality is on par with the 6S which isn't bad.

12. falainber macrumors 6502a

falainber

Try reading the article. It is better than reporting on most technical web sites. As to the bias... are you implying BI is biased towards Samsung? Why would they be?

13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Seems like the S7/Note 7 destroys the iPhone 7/7 Plus when it comes to OIS and fast focus. I honestly thought the iPhone 7 Plus would have amazing OIS, a little disappointed in that.

Note ... I'm just judging by reviews, don't have an iPhone 7 to try myself.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I did read the article. And again, choosing one camera over the other comes down to preference. Sammy was better with some and Apple was better at others. For them to declare a winner on those results and for you to use the article as evidence is folly.

BI's slants and writing has been a joke amongst many for years.

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

https://www.androidpit.com/samsung-isocell-sensor

http://www.androidauthority.com/isocell-how-it-works-344628/

Samsung announced ISOCELL in 2013. How is any of this surprising? Wait when it keeps improving. Just reaping the fruits (non-Apples, BSI sensors) to their labor.

Again, Samsung wins because they are the ones coming up with new breakthrough technologies, engineering, and manufacturing it themselves. Others just stamp their brand on custom designs.

[​IMG]

Look up ISOCELL if you don't know what it means. I can already hear iPhone users wishing deep down they had Samsung ISOCELL too. Me, me, me, MINE! Then have the audacity to call Samsung copycats again for offering the same color options as iPhones.

Proving once again that Apple is the inferior original equipment manufacturer than Samsung.

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

* BOOM! *

17. srkmish macrumors regular

srkmish

I am an enthusiast photographer. Photos

I would really like a good phone cam and ditch my P&S. After reading many reviews, i found that S7 is better in low light and also captures highlights and shadows better than iphone 7. Also, it has much better autofocus. I wanted to know user reviews of using iphone 7 for street and landscape photography and if the iphone camera handles it very well.

18. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny

every photographer knows that the equipment doesnt play a part in making great photos.

19. ArkieBiker macrumors regular

ArkieBiker

Bingo...and exactly. Besides, most shortcomings of a camera (especially smartphone cameras) can either be mitigated with editing or through "artistic" interpretation. And finally, the differences either positive or negative for either of these camera phones is minimal SUBJECT to bias and objectivity...in other words - in the eye of the beholder.

20. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Yep. Agree with the other 2. Ansel Adams didn't have a galaxy s7 or iphone 7 or canon 5d and he did ok.

21. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

If your sole purpose of buying a smartphone is photography, Samsung has Apple beat the past couple of years. Once you start adding on the other layers of a smartphone experience - iOS, Apps, updates etc. then the field narrows quite heavily down to your preference.

22. callihan_44 macrumors member

during daytime usage I doubt your going to complain about either phone, however during low light conditions the s7 pulls ahead with less grainy looking pics.. s7 has insanely fast focus speed...

23. se1000 macrumors 6502

se1000

Both cameras are excellent, however the Galaxy S7/Note 7 camera is slightly better. As for objectivity vs subjectivity, the S7 sensor is larger and uses a larger aperture compared to the iPhone 7

Attached Files: