Provisional Drivers License

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zblaxberg, May 28, 2007.

1. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Ok so I'm 17 and my provisionals are up technically saturday, june 2 and The problem is I leave for senior week that day and won't be able to go to the mva and get my full license. So I'm curious as to if anyone knows whether I could legally drive after midnight if I didn't get my provisional license switched to a full license but I have had it for the full 18 months that are required. Let me know what you think, if I were pulled over after midnight would i be in trouble for having a provisional license or am I technically on a full license?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Where do you live? I'm assuming from your mention of the "MVA" that you're in Maryland. According to the Rookie Driver PDF, your provisional automatically converts to a regular license and they send you an attachment card to keep with your provisional license verifying the conversion. So it doesn't look like there's anything for you to go pick up.

I'd call the MVA and ask them a) Will your license in fact convert on Saturday? and b) Do you have to be in possession of the attachment card or is it enough that they'd be able to see that you have a regular license if a cop runs your name through the system?

3. zblaxberg thread starter Guest

zblaxberg

yes, I am in Maryland. I would call the mva but it takes like literally a week to get through. I don't plan on doing anything illegal but I drive after midnight as it is and I just wanted to make sure I won't get arrested for speeding or something stupid if it were after midnight and I still technically had my provisionals