Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newbie50

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
In xcode organizer, I am trying to add my provisioning profile

I am getting this error:

A valid signing identity matching this profile could not be found in your keychain

My login keychain has a certificate whose name is Apple Worldwide Developer

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

KoolStar

macrumors demi-god
Oct 16, 2006
Kentucky
You have to download the keychain identity from the iphone dev portal. You would have to generate a certificate request from the keychain then submit on the dev portal, then download and install the cert key provided from apple that matches the provisioning profile your trying to use.

newbie50

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
That is what I did already

I followed all of the instructions from the portal

And now I am getting this error

When I google this error it is somewhat common - tho there seem to be numerous possible solutions...

KoolStar

macrumors demi-god
Oct 16, 2006
Kentucky
I had the same issue, i ended up having to nuke my keychain and remove all provisionings from the portal and start over.

MacDonaldsd

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2005
London , UK
I forgot what it was exactly, but I think when you create a certificate it doesn't automatically add it to your keychain. So you need to make sure to do this.

newbie50

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
So here is where I stumble

After my certificate is approved, and I click on 'download', the certificate goes to my download directory

I double click on the certificate (and see a message 'Do you want to add the certificate (s) from the file "developer_identity.cer" to a keychain?

I click ok.

Then I do not receive an error message or anything after clicking ok...

BUT, once I click OK, I look at my keychain information, I look at my certificates, and I do not have a new certificate show up (as occurs in the example in the documentation).

Both the video, and the written documentation, show that a new certificate should arrive in my keychain after I click ok.

Any ideas?

I have been stuck on this for days now.

Thanks

KoolStar

macrumors demi-god
Oct 16, 2006
Kentucky
Try dragging the certificate into the keychain instead of double clicking. I had that issue before.

newbie50

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
It worked

Thanks a huge ton

That took me four days to get here!

Happy day,

U are a rock star bud

greg1067

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2009
I am having similar issues. But when I click on my iphone in the organizer window, it says, "the version of iphone os on "my iphone" does not match any of the versions of iphone os supported for development with this copy of xcode. please restore the device to a version of the os listed below." I have the correct versions loaded on both the device and xcode, but I still get this message. I even reset the iphone and restored it and no go. I have done the provisioning assistant more times than I can count. Why does this have to be so difficult to accomplish?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.