Provisioning expiration question

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by John Baughman, Dec 29, 2009.

1. John Baughman macrumors member

The provisioning for my development device, an iPod Touch, is scheduled to expire on Jan 11. When it expires, how should I renew it? Do I delete and re-provision it? Not that I am going to run out, but does the re-provisioning of the device go against my device count?

BTW, after not finding my answers at the developer's portal I tried to figure out how to ask this question there. I tried the developer forums but my login gets an error which I cannot get out of. An email to developer support got an answer that told me to go to the portal.

John

2. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

if i recall correctly, when the profile expires you'll be given the option to "renew" at Dev Center > Program Portal.

also, if you have an app on your device that is running using an expired profile, the app will not launch until you install a new profile, or simply delete the old profile from your device (Settings > General > Profile > Remove). obviously deleting the profile will no longer allow for development, but the app will still run.