Provisioning Profile Help?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Apple2, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Apple2, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

Apple2 macrumors member

Apple2

OK, so I recently enrolled in the iOS dev program. After completing my purchase, I needed to get certificates, provisioning profiles, etc. I selected use this device for developing in the xcode organiser window, then right clicked on the device, add device to provisioning profile. All is going well. I open up my xcode project with my app, and click build and run (Debug, device) Then, an error pops up.

The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.

The entitlements specified in your application’s Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile.

(0xE8008016).

ADDITIONAL DETAILS FROM ORGANIZER:
    Device: Devices/iPhone 4
    Device PP: Team Provisioning Profile *
    Development/developer profile: iPhone developer: Christopher Healy Provisioning profiles: Team provisioning profile *

/provisioning profiles: Team Provisioning Profile *

Devices included: iPhone 4

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help,

BY THE WAY:

I will be continuously viewing this thread. Feel free to ask any questions, or suggest things. I will try them and respond with if/how they work.

2. nickculbertson macrumors regular

nickculbertson

Setting up all that STUFF the first time is a royal pain so I know your frustration. Under the general settings icon on your device the provisioning profiles on the device should be listed with their expiration date. If the profiles seem to be installed correctly on your device, check the info tab in your xcode project (with the project name highlighted) and select the developer cert for your code signing identity.

Nick

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

in Xcode, highlight your project in "groups and files" then click the "info" button on the top. navigate to the build tab and scroll down to "code signing" click that and make sure you have your iphone developer provisioning profile selected. if you select the developer provisioning profile you created on developer.apple.com then it will work.

4. Apple2 thread starter macrumors member

Apple2

Thanks!

Thanks for the help guys!
    Updating to xcode 4 solved it. I just used the project,build settings tab.

App works great!