Proximity performance after update? Any good?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vicros, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Vicros macrumors newbie

I like having my phone jailbroken but my proximity sensor is a big enough issue to warrant updating. That is of course if the update truly fixes it.

Anyone care to share their experience so far after the update?

2. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

i never really had that much of an issue, but it does feel as if the sensor triggers far more sensitively now, meaning, it'll turn (and keep) the screen off much earlier and longer now.

the guy at insanelygreatmac suggests that they just cranked up the IR sensor's power by a bit (so much, that you can actually see it light up on camera) to increase the sensitivity.

but as i said, no real issues for me before :/

3. Ever34 macrumors regular

Seems to be resolved....No issues for me since i updated last week.

4. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

There is a big thread about how the 4.1 GM improved the proximity sensor issue but definitely did not fix it. My jailbreak is too valuable for me to lose on the hopes that it "might" fix my proximity sensor problem.

5. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

From all accounts, it seems to fix it for most people but definitely not for all people. This is based on reading threads with people using the beta versions (primarily beta 3) and those of us who loaded the GM version last week.

6. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Anyone notice that the sensor lights up red during a call now?

7. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Pre-update, no issues.

Post-Update, I see the screen turning on and off and on and off and on and.....

I haven't cheeked it though.

8. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So far much, much better

10. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Has anyone tested out bluetooth yet to see if it's improved??

11. ammcfc macrumors member

I installed 4.1 on my iPhone4. I made some tests and found new bug in Apple proximity algorithm. During a call, when the screen light off for the first time everything is ok. You can make natural hand or head movements with no problems at all. But if you let the screen to light on for a short time, the algorithm going back to its previous known stage ( iOS 4.x) and the sensor started to register every movements.

12. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

I found the Proximity Sensor issue to be better with 4.1 but by no means fixed completely (to the standard of my 3G). Sometimes I can make a call with it working perfectly but then the next call I notice the screen flashes on/off all the time.