Proximity sensor bugged on iPhone 4,can't return to in-call menu after placing to ear

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fs454, Jun 23, 2010.

1. fs454 macrumors 68000

Alright, I've been having fun with my iPhone for the past few hours, but I've noticed that no matter what I do, once I place a call and move the phone to my ear, the proximity sensor turns the screen off as normal, but it doesn't come back on again until I hit the lock button to end the call, and I hear the lock "click". I then have to hit the home button again and I'm back.

This is very frustrating especially when I was dialing an automated line (the apple store) where I needed to listen to choices and then hit a number to be transferred. I can't get back no matter what. I've tried hard-resetting and whatnot...anyone else having the same issue?

2. fs454 thread starter macrumors 68000

I normally wouldn't bump so soon, but it fell halfway down the second page within ten minutes without a view!

3. Enkur macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem. I am doing a full restore and setting the phone as a new device to see if that will fix it. Previously I restored the backup from my old 3GS (might be screwing it up or something)

4. Enkur macrumors newbie

well I did a full reset of the phone and did not restore my backup and that seems to have fixed the proximity sensor issue. Now just adding my settings one by one. Lost all my notes and sms messages.. but oh well.

5. don pianta macrumors regular

i just spent over 3 hours trying to get my MMS and Facetime to work *without* losing any of my SMS messages... so if there's a way to fix this without losing my SMS messages that'd be awesome... and by awesome i mean, the only thing i'd settle for.

6. don pianta macrumors regular

does anyone know of a fix for this? or am i supposed to just start my iphone as a new phone... /sigh