Proximity Sensor Cydia Fix[Please]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Gshockman, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Gshockman macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Cydia fix for the Proximity sensor for 4.0.1 because it's killing me!

2. amara3 macrumors newbie

Can I ask are you using a screen protector ?

I discovered I started having the proximity issue for the first time on one last night, I have used a few handsets now...the thing is it only happened when using a screen protector, it was fine again when I took the protector off and also when I used a different screen protector with a hole over where the sensor is...

Could this be the issue..

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Or a case which is incorrectly made and interfering with the sensor.

4. ScottS4UofA macrumors member

I was having the issue with the sensor until I put my phone in one of the new Otter-box Defender cases. No I have no problems at all.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

take it apple if you can theywill test your phone to see if it's in specs. strong rumors out there the next firmware version will improve it. even the Apple Genus when I was there mentioned it. Not even saying they have inside info just that Apple is well aware. As mentioned allot has to do with case choice. also the sensor is allot more sensitive then previous models. Oh and Dev-team has a couple exploits in there pockets to use on real firmware upgrades not Apples junk upgrades.

6. Gshockman thread starter macrumors newbie

I don' want to waste my time going to apple and I have a bumper and a Otterbox defender but when I put the bumper on it works terrible.

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Im guessing you have the iPhone 4?