Proximity sensor driving me INSANE- iphone 4

p1ally

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
My prox sensor is hanging up nearly EVERY call I make. I went to apple, they gave me a fresh phone, and told me to sync it- not restore from backup. Done.

It's STILL doing it! UGH! How widespread is the prox sensor problem? Idk if I can even wait for 4.1, this is driving me crazy, and really pissing off my family :mad:

Thoughts?

cleggster83

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
Bolton, UK
My prox sensor is hanging up nearly EVERY call I make. I went to apple, they gave me a fresh phone, and told me to sync it- not restore from backup. Done.

It's STILL doing it! UGH! How widespread is the prox sensor problem? Idk if I can even wait for 4.1, this is driving me crazy, and really pissing off my family :mad:

Thoughts?
Me too, im having this problem. Take it too apple and they will swap it for u.

BKM72

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
Where exactly do you folks live? (general area). I'm in Texas and have NEVER had a problem (aside from random restore). I've never had a prox. or an antenna issue. Haven't had ONE dropped call.

Had the phone for 5 weeks now.

cleggster83

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
Bolton, UK
Where exactly do you folks live? (general area). I'm in Texas and have NEVER had a problem (aside from random restore). I've never had a prox. or an antenna issue. Haven't had ONE dropped call.

Had the phone for 5 weeks now.
I live Manchester, UK. I've had mine from launch day. The only problem i have had is that of the proximity sensor messing up. Some times when i have to do 2 things at once and cant hold the phone it aways fail on me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.