Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Hi guys,

I've recently developed a problem with the proximity sensor on my iphone 4, which i cannot figure out how to fix. To give a bit of background, I bought the phone about last August and had no problems whatsoever. I did however convert the iphone to white myself about a month ago and everything was still working great with no sensor problems (phone was running ios 4.3 then), until I accidently cracked the front screen.

I updated to ios 4.3.2 while waiting for the new front, got it replaced and then this is where the proximity sensor started having problems. It doesnt seem to work at all during calls or the auto-brightness setting. I've been reading up suggestions from forums and tried resetting the network settings, restoring my phone and the "sharpie fix" but none seem to work at all.

I've even tried replacing with 2 new power/sensor cables. Including my original part, all 3 show the exact same problems (sensor doesnt respond during calls etc, but the power button works just fine), which suggests the parts shouldnt be the problem.

The only thing that leaves me right now could be the update itself, as I had no prior problems before. Does anyone have a similiar problem, or could suggest any alternative fix?

Thanks

gust109

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
I think it has something to do with the process of replacing the lcd because that has happened to a few white converted iphone i know of and haven't found a fix for it yet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.