Proximity sensor is the REAL problem, not the antenna

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by x986, Jul 16, 2010.

1. x986 macrumors regular

I don't see many, if any, naked iPhones out there. I bought an inexpensive case, and have had zero lose of signal problems. I will wait to see what Apple comes up with case/bumper-wise.

The sensor problem continues to bedevil me. It seems like there might be two issues: The sensor, and super-light touch needed to activate the face.

I'm going to try a temorary fix with a little black tape over the sensor. Of course that is not something I am willing to live with for the life of the phone. Let's hope that a software fix will be forthcoming quickly now that the antenna issue is "solved".

2. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Jobs said the proximity sensor bug would be fixed in the next update.

Mark

3. dmorris01 macrumors member

Although the reference to the proximity sensor was brief, it was indicated that it would be fixed in an upcoming software update. I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later.

4. x986 thread starter macrumors regular

The tape did not work. I thought it would make the phone think my ear was there, but it did just the opposite. As soon as I dialed, the screen lit up for the speakerphone. Does anyone have a temp fix for this?

5. Sledutah macrumors regular

If you watch the conference video on apple. At ~28.10 minutes, he states that "hopefully" they will have the fixes in the next software update.
    At least they recognize that a "small number" of users are seeing the problem.

I already called about returning mine, I'm not going to wait on a "hopeful" software upgrade.

6. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

There you go. Just incase people miss this and we have a 4 page thread on pretty much, nothing.

We can only go with what he (Apple) says anything else is irrelevant.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

No it's not. No one I know has it. Until now...