Proximity Sensor is working fine after 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macdragonfl, Nov 23, 2010.

1. macdragonfl macrumors 6502

macdragonfl

I am glad to report my proximity sensor is working as it should after this update. Wondering about others having the same result. It has a longer delay of time before the screen comes on.

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I'm surprised the blogosphere has not investigated the prox. sensor issue more. Have you had any issues with inadvertent Facetime calls or the dreaded mute button issue?

3. macdragonfl thread starter macrumors 6502

macdragonfl

4. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

I just tested mine. Seems to be working much, much better for me as well.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

So far much better. Not nearly as well as my iPhone 3G but a big improvement nonetheless.

6. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I really didn't have much of this issue before but to the extent that I did, 4.2.1 seems to have dealt with it.

8. shriksworld macrumors newbie

Yupp.. Big Big Relief.. was experiencing a lot of problems before this update. but now its awesome..

9. paperboyCCC macrumors newbie

I had terrible proximity sensor problems before this update (I'd hang up calls, hit mute, hit contacts and start calling someone else) on virtually every call if I didn't use hands-free or speak phone.

Since the update yesterday I haven't had the problem once. I actually returned my iPhone4 that I had gotten before launch day due to this issue and bought one again once I heard 4.2 fixed it.

10. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

11. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I've been one of the lucky that haven't had the problems since day one. But through out all the updates, I haven't noticed any change at all in the proximity sensor like I thought I would.

12. sg01 macrumors newbie

I had my iPhone 4 replaced at the Apple Store due to the proximity sensor issue just to have a replacement with the same problem. So glad that the 4.2 update fixed it (crossing fingers).

13. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

My problems with the proximity sensor were very very rare and it was completely fixed with 4.1 update. Happy that it still works fine with 4.2.

14. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

I've noticed this today too!

My sensor is back to how it should've been since I first purchased! But I'm happy it's fixed. I like how they fixed it again, but didn't mention it. Lol :cool:

15. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

16. iErick macrumors member

I haven't had any prox sensor issues, but when the phone is up to my ear and I get a SMS or e-mail....it vibrates now?

17. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502

spacemnspiff

I havent updated my phone yet, so glad to hear that this issue might be fixed. I will report back when I get a chance to update it.
    Proximity issue is a pain the neck for me, I constantly check if I am on a call if any buttons are being pressed.