Proximity Sensor Issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alisstar, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

I've been experiencing issues with my phone's proximity sensor since the day I bought it. When I call someone the phone sometimes doesn't turn the screen off and the end result is that the call is placed on to speaker mode, or the contacts show up on screen and worst, it sometimes ends the call.

I thought my girlfriend and I were the only ones with this issue. And since both phones have the same issue I figured it's another glitch with the phone.

I just came across this article from MacWorld. Now, I know I'm not the only one. I'm just curious to know if this is another issue a lot of people are having or is it that me and my girlfriend two phones from a bad batch.

Has anybody else experienced this? If so, did you get to resolve the issue? What did you do to fix it?

2. iDabble macrumors regular

Happens to me on probably 1/3 of the calls i make...

3. cap7ainclu7ch macrumors regular

4. Alisstar thread starter macrumors 6502

Alisstar

I wish that wasn't the case. I'll be setting up an appointment with the Apple Store to see what say and/or do.

5. BozickA88 macrumors newbie

I have an appointment at the genius bar Saturday to talk about this problem the best part was it tried to put the apple support guy on facetime then hung up on him. They had me have the rest of my conversation of speaker phone haha. I am hoping for some news from them but who knows.

6. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Proximity sensor hanging up on calls is the WORST problem with this phone.

Screw the antenna nonsense- that doesn't affect me.

Oh- and PUSH notifications are not working. Anyone else not getting push notifications (ie CNN, facebook)?

7. Alisstar thread starter macrumors 6502

Alisstar

Yeah, Push Notifications are working for me on Facebook, words with friends, and loopt. I don't have the antenna issue. The proximity sensor is what's getting annoying for me.

8. Alisstar thread starter macrumors 6502

Alisstar

I'm interested in what they tell you. Please report back.

9. ArcAngel66 macrumors regular

Apple geniuses are told to swap our your phone whenever you come with a problem like this... Why? Because Apple's engineers like taking these and seeing what the issue is.

That said, you're wasting your time. Its not just your phone man.

10. Oblivion426 macrumors member

Yes, this issue is driving me absolutely insane. I am at a loss as to what to do. The nearest Apple store is 3 hours away.

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Didn't think I had a problem until I was talking on my phone in a dark room and noticed the screen kept flashing on/off.