Proximity sensor malfunction: Does it happen on both ears for you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I've noticed that when I talk on my left ear (which is how I always talk), I have CRAZY problems with the proximity sensor. I cannot go through even ONE call without either putting them on speakerphone, hanging up, going into contacts or dialing numbers by accident.

However, when talking on my right ear, no problems at all it seams.

I don't know why but it's annoying as I can't talk on my right ear, it just doesn't feel right and I'm not used to it.

What have your guys' experiences been with this?

2. SHAWNYMAC macrumors member

yup ....that's how mine is exactly....four phones all the same.....

3. tekniklyrawly macrumors member

me2

same thing...but mine would go to COMPLETELY blank and unresponsive screen
    after i moved it away
    so lets say i was talking and had to check my screen for an incoming call
    so i could be able to see the caller ID or something or for whatever reason you removed it away from your ear.....my screen goes blank
    well i when I purchased my iphone4 on the first day I also purchased the bumper, but I had not opened the package; because I was going to try and wait to see if I would be able to exchange it; If? and when? the white bumper came out
    finally since my closest apple store is an hour and a half away i said **** it and I opened it up and put it on my ip4,,,.....well 2 days now.....and......
    you know what..???? it has not happened
    it might actually be working
    I know it is not perfect, especially since we didn't buy this nice beautiful
    world's most sought after idevice to cover it up with Apple's first Case
    but hey??? it will have to do for now
    Speaking of that case-the Bumper- isn't funny how Apple has never made a case and now even before they release the device they come out with their first ever iphone case. WEIRD???? HUH??? it's like if they knew, that they were going to need them. DID they know before the release?
    Did the testing leading up to the release, reveal this FLAW??
    and thus Apple said..."well make a stupid black rubbber case and call it
    the BUMPER_ and owe by the way , let's charge them 30 bucks for it?"

4. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Same here....mine hasn't been much of an issue until lately. I cant even think of trying to use it while supporting it with my shoulder if I need my hands to do something.

5. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

Same here. It's very frustrating.

6. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

So to clarify...you guys are experiencing the same thing where it's really only happening on your left ear but not right ear?