Proximity sensor not working after white iPhone 4 conversion

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mytran80, Sep 15, 2010.

1. mytran80 macrumors regular

2. cypher23 macrumors member

cypher23

I'm pretty sure that film would prevent the proximity sensor from working properly. When you remove the original, is there a film on that?

3. mytran80 thread starter macrumors regular

You may be right , but that's the problem , I can't confirm if there is really a film blocking the grille holes . When I did the conversion , I didn't take notice of anything that would interfere with the proximity sensor, but now that I have this problem ,I should of checked , I don't want to disassemble the phone until I'm sure there is one .

Only reason I think there is one is because I was googling pics of the backside of the LCD and notice a blue film or tape over the grille , help please:confused:

4. cypher23 macrumors member

cypher23

As a Apple Certified Mac Tech, I know that on alot of the repair parts that would come in, they put a protective film on certain areas to protect it while shipping. For example, on the bezel of the MacBooks, there's either a blue film or clear film over the camera hole that needs to be removed prior to installation. This may be the same thing.

5. mytran80 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the input cypher , i will confirm this for the sake of the archives when i disassemble the iphone since i also forgot to install the mesh grille for the top speaker hole:D