Proximity Sensor Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by guitardave62000, Nov 17, 2010.

1. guitardave62000 macrumors regular

So I thought my iPhone 4 problems were behind me however yesterday when I was on a long phone call my proximity sensor decided to do its glitch that people complained about in the past and I face dialed someone on accident. My phone is on iOS 4.1, which I thought was the software update that was supposed to fix the sensor right?

My question is do I take it in to apple to get it replaced? If so, when I get there are they just going to send me back and tell me to do a restore or can I get a new one? I didn't know if they could collect data from my phone showing the sensor not working or else I would just go ahead and restore the phone. The closest apple store to me is an hour away so I don't want to make more then 1 trip.

I'm really bummed this happened because I don't want to trade my phone in for a new one with more potential issues.

Thanks in advance

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Just tell them you did a restore and you're still getting the issue. Some iPhone 4s have the issue and some just don't.

3. guitardave62000 thread starter macrumors regular

Can't they see the last time I did a restore though? I feel like if they saw that they'd think I was lying just to try and get a new phone

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

no they cant see it or if they can they dont usually look. but they can restore it right there if they feel that will fix it. is your phone jailbroke? if so, you will need to do the restore yourself before you take it cause that will void your warranty.

5. guitardave62000 thread starter macrumors regular

No it's not jailbroken. Is there even any info on the phone that would help them diagnose it or should I just go ahead and do a restore now?

6. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

just restore but only after you backup your phone. you dont want to lose your personal info.