Proximity Sensor Woes on 4.1/A++ AppleCare Service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mikey B, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I was one of the unlucky few who never had proximity sensor issues until after iOS 4.1. I could never fully empathize with that problem because it never happened to me. But man, it is ridiculously frustrating.

Since you see so many more horror stories of customer service gone bad than good, I wanted to post a quick story of some awesome service I received from Apple.

A couple days ago I could take it know more and called AppleCare. What I didn't realize is that my complimentary phone support was up since I haven't purchased an AC package. The woman on the phone was really nice and decided that she would move forward with a case anyway. I was pretty surprised. When I explained the problem, she spoke with a supervisor and came back with a short series of questions because they have been doing research on my specific problem. She set up an appointment for a couple hours later with the genius bar and they swapped out my phone.

All in all, I have always been impressed with apple's customer service and but really thought they went the extra mile for me this time. They definitely didn't have to help me out over the phone. I have to say that having phone support is almost worth buying the AppleCare plan for my 4. I've always liked dealing with them first and having them set an appoitment at the apple store.

2. Cnizzle06 macrumors newbie

3. Mikey B thread starter macrumors 65816

Mikey B

On launch day.