PROXIMITYGATE - It's no antennagate, but...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmorris01, Jul 16, 2010.

1. dmorris01 macrumors member

My first iPhone had the proximity sensor issue. I traded it for a new unit a couple of days ago, while getting a recommendation from the Apple "genius" that perhaps I should "re-learn how to talk on the phone."

Now the new phone is malfunctioning. This appears to be an issue with all phones, or at least a very large percentage. Let's make the PROX issue front-and-center as much as the antenna issue.

Apple, FIX THE PROXIMITY SENSOR.

[​IMG]

2. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    oh wow. I had no idea there was an issue with the proximity sensors. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! :rolleyes:

There are 50 other threads made on this topic. I agree I have more of a gripe with the proximity sensor than the antenna, but I either there are less people with this issue, or maybe it is just more difficult to replicate.

3. bananaboi macrumors member

it's already been fixed in the new iOS update.

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    This is the first I've heard of that. Link?

5. dmorris01 thread starter macrumors member

I updated and still have the issue on a second phone. Three of the four people at the Apple Genius Bar Wednesday (me, and the two to my right) were there for the proximity sensor issue.

I don't think this issue was addressed in this update, at least it hasn't made a difference on mine.... after sending touchtones to a caller and putting another on mute this morning alone.

My desire is to keep the issue front-and-center. It's how change is made.

6. Sledutah macrumors regular

Wrong...........:rolleyes:

7. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

What would be a travesty is if they didn't even get to acknowledge that the proximity sensor DOES have an issue. If all they talk about is the antenna, I won't be a happy camper. At least I have my reservation ready for tommorrow morning at the Genius Bar for round 2.