PS CS4 on MacBook White

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by okatidubi, Sep 24, 2009.

1. okatidubi macrumors regular

I've searched to no avail. However, if there is already a thread on this, please direct me to it, thanks.

I have a MacBook White 2.4Ghz with Intel GMA X3100 graphics. I want to install Photoshop CS4 and use it to edit jpeg and gif files such as touching up holiday photos etc. I do not deal with RAW or huge files.

Am I able to run Photoshop CS4 smoothly especially with my graphics card? I heard it uses the GPU or something.

Thanks!

2. jbuk macrumors regular

Photoshop can use the features of the graphics card, and this includes, to a lesser extent, the Intel x3100; but it will not have much effect on the performance of Photoshop, and having an expensive graphics card doesn't help all that much.

As long as you have enough memory (even 1GB is fine as long as you aren't multitasking) you should be fine — old versions of Photoshop have run fine on far inferior hardware, and CS4 is no slower in its core functions.

PS, and all the rest of CS4 Design Premium run fine on my 2.1GHz/4GB WhiteBook, so you should be totally fine.

3. okatidubi thread starter macrumors regular