PS Film Scratches - Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Sep 17, 2010.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

I know that the PS and SGP Crystal screens scratch very easy... Can anyone confirm the the PS and SGP antiglare scratch easy ?
    THanks

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

The PS AG does not scratch easily at all. Can't speak for the SGP though.

3. nelly41 macrumors regular

My ps anti glare scratched. But I think it has to do with what I have in my pockets along with the phone inside. Normal regular use I can't scratch the anti glare unless I purposely try to with some object.

4. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Hard protectors will have a higher tendency to scratch (and show) than soft covers. At least it's only the cover that is being scratched, not the phone.

5. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I just tried to put on an SGP Crystal. I had alot of bubbles and tried to get them out with the exterior protector on. After I did and removed it, there was dust so I lifted with tape and removed the dust. Well bubbles came back. I used the SGP squeegy and it scratched the film. I was very disappointed. The SGP Crystal is much thicker than the Oleo but it scratches much easier IMO. I went ahead and took that one off and then put on my last Oleo. I think I prefer the Oleo for clarity as well. It is thinner and seems to be the clearest of all I have tried.

6. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

If you put a napkin (or paper towel/other tissue) over the top of the screen cover while trying to get the bubbles out, you are much less likely to scratch the screen cover during the process. Done this many times while using a 'hard card' (like a drivers license) to put on a screen cover, and haven't scratched one yet. This way you are basically 'scraping' on the napkin/tissue instead of the screen cover you are putting on your phone....

7. TimSS macrumors member

Umm, my PS crystal has no scratches; been installed at least a month.

Anyway, the whole point of a screen protector is to get scratched, isn't it? I never understood the fascination with trying to keep screen protectors scratch-free; makes no sense to me.

8. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

they are all made of the same material, the matte one just hide scratches easier

screen protector=/= shields

shields are made of softer plastics that have the ability to heal. but they have reduced optical clarity compared to crystal screen protectors