PS HD Anti Glare vs. Crystal

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by rp2955, Mar 27, 2011.

1. rp2955 macrumors member

HI all,
    I just got my SGP Ultra Fine screen this weekend and installed it. Not pleased. The install was certainly a little easier than others, but it was defective. Sticky adhesive in two spots were "clotted" and couldn't remove the air bubbles no matter what. Other than that, I liked the "feel" of it and the lack of fingerprints but it makes the screen looks slightly fuzzy. I am requesting a replacement.

I see that PS has two versions of their screens online for iPad 2 soon. Will the HD anti-glare have some same effect on screen quality? Do all anti glare/fingerprint screens degrade the quality somewhat?

I want something that allows the great quality of the screen to show through while still giving fingerprint/glare proofing...is that even possible?

2. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

You can't really win here I'm afraid. I've got a HD Anti-Glare (a recent one) for my iPhone 4 (same material as the iPad 2 one I believe) and while it does prevent glare and keep the front looking smart, it does affect the display quality to some degree. It's nowhere near as bad as the SGP UF, but it's definitely noticeable. Text won't look as clear and generally my eyes felt a bit strained. If you want to do a fair amount of reading on the iPad I'm not sure you want this option.
    On the other hand, you will barely notice the PS crystal screen. Rest assured it will protect the actual screen from scratches etc, but it will show up fingerprints and marks like crazy. Had this film on my iPad 1.

For my iPad (1) I had the SGP AF film, but then later switched to the PS Crystal film, and on my iPhone 4 I had the SGP Crystal film before switching to the PS HD Anti-Glare.

3. sweteg macrumors member

Myself and a few others have had the same defect with the UF to where it was impossible to use. I have to ship it back and wait up to 2 weeks for a refund because I don't want a replacement. It blows because I took a picture for SGP Products on Amazon but they still want it back. They'll have to throw it away in the end. Right now, I'm using the film that came with my Phantomskinz Chromatics and will be using that till PS comes out with theirs mid April.