PS iPhone 4 protectors WON'T be sold in stores.

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Just got off the phone with Power Support USA regarding their iPhone 4 screen protectors. He said Apple will not stock Power Support nor any iPhone 4 screen protectors. Just a heads up for people waiting to get one in store.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Wasn't this news a couple months ago? That Apple decided to stop selling screen protectors in stores because that made everyone think the display gets scratched easily.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
while you guys are here. very off topic.

my status as a macrumors member changed from

macrumors regular to a number.

what does the number signify?

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
while you guys are here. very off topic.

my status as a macrumors member changed from

macrumors regular to a number.

what does the number signify?
It means you've reached a certain number of posts and are now deemed awesomer :D

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
thank you guys for clearing that up. i thought it was a bad thing.
sorry for hijacking the thread. i'm done. thanks again.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Too bad we can't all be senior Apple execs. No need for screen protectors when you can just get your iPhone replaced anytime. :cool:

PecanEater

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2007
Just got off the phone with Power Support USA regarding their iPhone 4 screen protectors. He said Apple will not stock Power Support nor any iPhone 4 screen protectors. Just a heads up for people waiting to get one in store.
Do you mean APPLE STORES or any store? I presume the former. The title of your post suggests the latter - all stores. There's a big difference.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
So where can we buy them now? Does Best Buy sell the PS protectors or do they have to be ordered online now?
i'm a best buy employee. we do not sell Power Support screen protectors.

we've only got invisible shield and ifrogz screen shields :(

GeneticFreak84

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
i'm a best buy employee. we do not sell Power Support screen protectors.

we've only got invisible shield and ifrogz screen shields :(
Thanks so much, saved me a ton of time from going there to check. Gonna order them online I guess. $26 shipped :eek: Pricey.

ludawg23

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
That's a shame...these things are great and should be available at Apple stores. The 3GS ones sold very well...

undercompensate

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2009
PS may be compensating the loss in business from not being sold in apple stores by raising shipping/handling fees. Just a thought.

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
PS may be compensating the loss in business from not being sold in apple stores by raising shipping/handling fees. Just a thought.
It really cannot help their business now that Apple is shutting them out like this. So I guess this makes sense

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
They have every right to stock whatever the hell they want in their stores. :rolleyes:

Want one? Buy it online.
It's dumb. The screen protectors used to be the number one selling accessory on the online store and I'd imagine they were the same in-store. But Apple decides to remove the number one selling accessory because they think we don't need it- not because they sold poorly. That deserves to have :rolleyes: at.

phillydude411

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2009
What is wrong with PS's sales/marketing dept... they should be working with walmart, best buy, radioshack... etc by now. Someone needs to fix their business model... not that I'm an expert, but isn't this common sense?