Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

as4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2015
i have a ps5 controller and I’m able to use it only if it’s wired. Blue connects but buttons do not register. Anyone else?

beatleslover1992

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2021
i have a ps5 controller and I’m able to use it only if it’s wired. Blue connects but buttons do not register. Anyone else?
The same thing happened to me with remote play on my windows pc, so I didn't even try on my MacBook. However the ps4 DualShock 4 controller connects and works flawlessly over bluetooth, which I have tested on my MBA.

Reactions: as4life

as4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2015
The same thing happened to me with remote play on my windows pc, so I didn't even try on my MacBook. However the ps4 DualShock 4 controller connects and works flawlessly over bluetooth, which I have tested on my MBA.

Thanks. Hopefully they can fix this. Not sure why it won’t work with ps5 controller when the Mac even thinks it’s a ps4 DualShock

Kung gu

Suspended
Oct 20, 2018
in macOS Big Sur there is only support for DS4 and xbox one controllers. I expect apple to include support for DS5 and Xbox X/S in the next macOS update (i.e macOS 12.0)

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Well since we're necroing this thread, I'd recommend instead of remote play, you use a Genki Shadowcast so you can just play your PS5 games on your Mac via a window. No streaming lag to worry about. https://www.genkithings.com/products/shadowcast?variant=32662491889738

I used one with my M1 Mac Mini to play Playstation games on my Mac and it's so much better than using remote play. You can even use the Shadowcast as a capture card if you wanted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.