[PS] - "To Do" List Photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fiveos22, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

I have been setting aside photos for a while from various trips and other activities...in hopes of being able to futz around with them and make them really look good. I got interested in the idea a few years back when I was regular lurker around Fark Photoshop contests and they would periodically have really artistic colorize-this, antique-that type entries.

I could explain more, but suffice it to say that I have these photos sitting around on my To-Do list and I know that I with my current schedule, I will never get around to them. I know there are folk around here who enjoy photo processing/manipulation, so I am going to toss a photo up and see if there is anyone who wants to try and "fix" it.

Think of this as a photoshop contest, feel free to be as creative as you like, and then show off your work here. If there is much of a response, I'll upload more of my photos.

Photo 1 - A branch of spider monkey tree from the Royal Gardens at Kew.
    Poor coloring, but pretty sharp considering the quality of camera.

I've attached a reduced copy to this post, the full-res image is available at here [mediafire.com].

Attached Files:

2. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

Great idea! My car's a bit grubby... Anyone fancy coming round to give it a wash and polish the chrome? ;)

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

OK I bite. Here is an idea of what I'd do if I had to salvage the shot. Keep just one branch. Rotate it to add some interest. I spent 4 minutes on this. The selecton and cloneing was done quickly and it's a bit loose. So this is more of a quick sketch of what I'd do if I realy wanted an image of this plant. Basically just cut out the clutter

Attached Files:

4. Fiveos22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

Thanks for the idea ChrisA. That's along the lines of what I was thinking, and I am amazed by your four-minute skillz. Who knows, maybe in a few years I'll be able to get around to these to do them justice.

Perhaps I'll just bundle together the rest of the images and throw them up in a giveaway thread. I look at them just sitting there and feel that they could be put to much better use than just collecting digital dust.