PS Vita Games at Gamescom

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Aug 16, 2011.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

2. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Looks really cool, especially for (near-)launch games!!!

Quite a powerful little machine!

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yeah I really think they're going to hit the ground running with the Vita in terms of optimised and great looking games. From what I've been told you can build a Vita, PS3 and... the name has totally escaped me but, you know, those Sony Android phones. There's a real parity going on.

But what worries me about those Vita games is that some look like they should be on the PS3 and not on a tiny handheld. Take that Uncharted. Looks stunning but I hope they designed it for handheld play. Best recent example is Peace Walker compared to MGS4, completely different design philosophies behind handheld and console gaming and Konami did a great job with both of them.
    It shows on Ocarina of Time 3DS too, with how the player still loads up in Kokiri Forest or the Temple of Time.

4. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

I have a Vita on pre order, I actually traded my 3DS in for it the moment the retailers put a price up! I also cannot see why the Vita can't offer the same games and gameplay as the PS3? It is a very powerful machine. I'm also hoping for cross platform multiplayer COD.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Because your PS3 is (most likely) on a massive HDTV with (possibly) surround sound. Your Vita will have a 5" display and tiny stereo speakers ;). There's nothing stopping handheld and console games crossing onto different platforms, but the best titles on each always take advantage of the system. ie. Peacewalkers short, mission based structure and MGS4's epic ultra-cinematic approach.

6. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Well you know, Nintendo is a bit strapped for cash at the moment so little things like that need to hop to the backburner...

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I think inevitably the first batch of Vita games will have a lot of silly control choices that are there to merely show off the hardware and not because of best design choice / usability & intuitiveness.

Things will settle down with the second wave of Vita games.

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

I was fortunate enough to go to Gamescom and got a chance to try out a number of PS Vita games and my anticipation for the console has increased big time. It's annoying it's been delayed till early next year in the West.