PS Vue on Apple TV -

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by iMi, Apr 27, 2016.

1. iMi macrumors 6502a

iMi

What are the chances we'll see PS Vue app released on Apple TV and when? Amazon Fire TV has been a nightmare. I have had three bad units now. In fact, the third one arrived refurbished and unable to boot up. I love Vue and it's the only service I care about that is still missing from Apple TV and therefore holding me back from buying it...

Thoughts?

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Maybe tomorrow... maybe never... At this time, Sony hasn't issued a statement regarding PS Vue availability for ATV.

3. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I was going to say -- even though I'm sure you would have already thought of it -- that it could be worth just getting a PlayStation TV that can be found for as low as around $30, but it's apparently not even available on that device?

It's on FireTV, Chromecast, and iOS, but not on their own set-top type device?
    I… what is Sony thinking?

4. iMi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMi

Yup, that's kind of crazy. I have PS4 but just don't like having to switch between devices. Plus we have more than one TV. I've ordered Apple TV today and will just hope Vue one day shows up and I'll be super ecstatic about it. Or maybe Apple will finally offer live TV service that is compatible. Either way... I'll give Apple TV a try.

5. jaysue macrumors regular

jaysue

I recently finished my trial period of the Vue and I liked it, I also didn't like switching between devices. When I did the short survey on why I decided not to continue, one of the questions they asked was if I would continue service if it was on a device like Apple TV, so I'm assuming they are considering it or working on it.

6. Gueeds macrumors regular

I would hope they offer it soon. The Fire TV is just unbearable to use. Having said that, Sony is pretty notorious for having low rent software so I'm not expecting the best if it does happen. I did put on my cancel survey that I would really like an Apple TV app so we'll see.

7. aced411 macrumors 6502

I quit long enough to fill out the survey but ended up missing it more than I anticipated. Even though I didn't use Vue itself an awful lot (because it was inconvenient switching devices), I got used to being able to use all those Apple TV apps and tv anywhere websites.