Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
markkk! said:
So lets say I was gonna play SIMS or SIMS 2 or GT4 or something (if you know those...haha) ...that would be playable...or satisfying right?

Couldn't say. To be honest I tried a cube & ps2 to my EYETV wonder and I simply could'nt play them, I felt disconnected because of the lag issues. I tried loads of games but still wasn't satisfied.

That being said EyeTV EZ is a different product, and I guess with that claim on their site you could always buy it & try it. If it doesnt work, return it as it's unfit for the purpose sold... We have statutory rights in the UK/Ireland that would allow us our money back if an item doesn't do what it's advertised to do... The only thing that worries me is the 'almost no delay' phrasing as that kind of get's them out of a pickle legally.....

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
ChrisBrightwell said:
You're right.

Let's uninstall the search script. It clearly has no purpose.

I get tired of hearing "Just search for it!" I will explain why- I was on macRumors for quite a while when I finally found out how to search the forums and not just the web site articles. I have brought this up before, but on the main page if you type in the search field you only search the web site minus the forums. that search window is so obvious to find, but the forum search bar is not so obvious- especially to those who don't live at MacRumors each and every day! EDIT: I see they have the search forums at the top of the forum thread so my point is not quite so valid, but I don't remember that always being there either.

I wish the Admin. would put a link at the bottom of each section on the home page forum listings with a link to do a search in that particular fourm category. I have also searched many times for an answer and when I am faced with dozens of long threads I look at the ones that seem like they have what I want, then I post my own and usually someone was a part of a thread and knows which one it was and they post it for me to my own thread to find my answer.

BornAgainMac said:
What about when you create a new thread, a search is automatically started and you get a list of threads. Then you have the choice to creating a new thread or go into an existing thread.

Is this true- cause I have never noticed this?!?!

Lets all just be nice and help people learn how to search first- then if they fail to search at all then jump on them like cat on catnip!:D

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
flyfish29 said:
I have brought this up before, but on the main page if you type in the search field you only search the web site minus the forums. that search window is so obvious to find, but the forum search bar is not so obvious- especially to those who don't live at MacRumors each and every day!
... Which is precisely why I provided a direct link to the page that you would use to search the forums.

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
ChrisBrightwell said:
... Which is precisely why I provided a direct link to the page that you would use to search the forums.
Yes, that is great, but I know how to search now and have for quite some time, but it is usually either the newbies or relatively new members that encounter not knowing that you can search the forums. I know that I tried searching the main page the first time and didn't get any fourm stuff so gave up on searching forums (me being ignorant) until I saw a thread like this one where they beat up the member for not knowing how to search the fourms.

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
flyfish29 said:
Yes, that is great, but I know how to search now and have for quite some time, but it is usually either the newbies or relatively new members that encounter not knowing that you can search the forums. I know that I tried searching the main page the first time and didn't get any fourm stuff so gave up on searching forums (me being ignorant) until I saw a thread like this one where they beat up the member for not knowing how to search the fourms.
Whoa ... I didn't accost this guy for not searching. I gave him a link to help him out, both here and in the future.

Granted, it gets irritating to hear the same question a million times (this one is a prime example) ... especially when it's a question I've answered a few times here myself ... but that's not enough to get bent out of shape.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
ChrisBrightwell said:
Whoa ... I didn't accost this guy for not searching. I gave him a link to help him out, both here and in the future.

Granted, it gets irritating to hear the same question a million times (this one is a prime example) ... especially when it's a question I've answered a few times here myself ... but that's not enough to get bent out of shape.

I searched, didnt find anything, so i posted a new thread. You knew what this thread was gonna be about when you read the title & opened it, if your so tired of 'repeatitive' threads...then don't flippin read them...you dont HAVE to read it. I'm not stupid, I know where the search field is...THANKS though...you helped a lot with my question appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.