PS2 S Video Cable

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by evan g, Feb 10, 2008.

1. evan g macrumors regular

Since I can't afford a brand new PS3 and have no desire for a 360 since I can just go over to my friends how to play it, I have a PS2, in the midst of all of these super-great graphics and gameplay arguments between Sony and Microsoft (don't get me started with Nintendo).

I was reading on playstation.com about an S Video Cable that supposedly enhances gameplay. does it actually make a visible difference?

2. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Not really.

Its about a 5-10% improvement over the composite cable.

3. evan g thread starter macrumors regular

is there anything else that improves the graphics other than the s video cable then?

4. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Not really. The graphics will pretty much be the same, no matter what you do.

The cables just help a bit with the sharpness of the graphics on your television.

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Buy the component cables for the PS2, if the game (and your TV) supports 1080i you will see a very noticeable difference. Otherwise it will be 480p, but the component cables allow for better separation and produce a sharper image than S vid or composite.

If your TV doesn't support component then I wouldn't worry about it, S vid won't really make that much of a noticeable difference. Less color bleed, thats about it.

6. evan g thread starter macrumors regular

so im stuck with this peice of crap till i have enough extra money to buy a ps3?

7. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Yes.

8. evan g thread starter macrumors regular