PS3/360 on an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MicroByte, Jun 22, 2011.

1. MicroByte macrumors 6502

With E3 came the announcement of the Wii U? For those familiar with it, one of the big draws of the device is being able to stream Wii U games from the console to it's controller, with a tablet like screen.

I love this concept because with family, sitting in front of a console is getting harder and harder to do and there are some great PS3 games I'd love to catch up on.

This brings me to my questions - is there or does anyone know of a solution where I could stream the game video (or TV for that matter) to the iPad? The iPad seems like a great tool to accomplish this, but I haven't found much in the way of anyone actually accomplishing something like this.

Any thoughts?

2. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

3. MicroByte thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I had seen that before and would love to see this come to fruition, but I also love the thought of being able to control my games with a Dual Shock since if I could find a solution to this.

This would be great if Onlive allowed iPad to their control connectivity. I might have to check into that more.

Thanks again.

4. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

There is no solution for doing this with an iPad, and frankly.... I doubt there ever will be.

Sony's PSP has this capability currently and the upcoming PS Vita expands on it (allowing you to save game states that automatically sync with your PS3 if you want to continue playing on your television).

Sony has a vested interested in not allowing this kind of capability...and frankly, I doubt that the iPad has enough power overhead to handle full screen PS3 gaming while streaming. Lots of issues with lag time, movement and button pressing.