PS3 account specific settings

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Keytachi, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Keytachi macrumors regular

Hi everyone! I have a 40GB PS3, and me and my brother each have a separate account.
    Now, he wants to have the PS3 in portuguese, but i hate that cause all the games, trailers, etc. move to portuguese (ever heard a game spoken in portuguese? not pretty). I want everything in plain english cause... the portuguese language sucks.
    Anyways, is there a way to keep my settings on my account? Everytime i want to play i need to change the language to english, and then to portuguese when i leave...

Any thoughts?

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

The only way to do this is by making two separate accounts on the PS3, one for Portuguese , and the other defaulted to English. I have two accounts on my PS3, one is setup with Japanese as the default language and the other is defaulted to English. Keep in mind save games do not pass from one profile to another, they are totally separate from each other.

3. Keytachi thread starter macrumors regular

can you tell me how to do that? When i change the setting is in system settings -> language
    We already have the 2 separate accounts, but i need to keep changing the settings every time i want to play

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Each profile can have its own language setting, it sounds like you keep logging in to his profile and then you have to change it.

5. Keytachi thread starter macrumors regular

I'm absolutely sure i'm not logging in on his profile to play. We have different themes, and games saved in each user. Every time i change the system language, all users turn to english from portuguese (and vice-versa).
    And from all the options i have, i don't see a "user profile language" in the PS3 :S

6. jlin615 macrumors regular

Bump old thread.

I'm trying to create two user accounts on PS3 (not PSN), one in English and one in Japanese, but system language seem to affect all users. Anybody had success making each account with different language?