PS3 / Airport Express Problem

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Leeaux, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Leeaux macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I recently bought a ps3 and have been using it to play online. After awhile i noticed that my ps3's connection was always slow, causing my games to lag considerably (very noticeable when playing COD4).

I did an internet connection test on the ps3 console and it says that UPnP is not available. It also says my NAT Type is 3. According to the ps3 that NAT type is causing the problem

I'm no good when it comes to internet connections and wouldn't know where to start to fix this problem of a slow connection. Also, i'm only on mac here... most i've found so far has been windows based.

I am using an airport express for my wireless network and i have a netgear modem / router. The PS3 is using the built - in wireless.

Any help would be great

Thanks
    Leo

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

It works fine for me. I also have no upnp but my Nat type is 2.... hmmm.

3. Leeaux thread starter macrumors newbie

weird, i can't figure out if there is any way to change nat type

4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

The problem is in your Netgear router.

Get to the administration page for it (typically its IP address), and enable UPnP.

5. Leeaux thread starter macrumors newbie

the software for the router is windows only. How do i get to its administration page?

6. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

The NAT issue is to do with the routers firewall. It is denying proper access to you PS3. This will mean that you need to forward a port on your router, this can be done in Airport Admin. I'm not sure which port you need to forward though :eek:

A quick search and I found port 4658, but I really don't know.

This article will explain your problem a bit:
    http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/NAT_problem

7. Leeaux thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the link, although for some reason the line labeled router in my networks settings / airport screen is blank so i can't find its IP address.

8. Dre3000 macrumors newbie

I need help with that issue also

I am having the same problem with my PS3 and my airport express. I have NBA2K8 for my ps3 the problem is I cant host a game I have to wait until someone challenge me in order to play. Can someone please help me on config my PS3 so I want have any problems?:confused::mad: