PS3 Airtunes

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by adams.jonny, Dec 23, 2008.

1. adams.jonny macrumors newbie

Is there anyway of getting a ps3 to mimmick an airport express, and being able to play a song in itunes, on my computer, and hear it come out of my ps3 and therefore my sound system.
    if this is possible, i could change the song from my ipod touch, and that would be awesome.
    i don't really want to by an airport express, so please dont suggest that. also, i know that there is software available to stream files (such as null rivers's medialink), but i would very much like to select the song on itunes, rather than on the ps3.
    thanks alot! :apple:

2. adams.jonny thread starter macrumors newbie

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

There is no way of doing what you're asking. Furthermore the PS3 lacks the ability to play songs you downloaded from the iTunes store even if you have a app like MediaLink.

4. ben5150 macrumors newbie

Yes, I think you can. You can use Nicecast to basically set up a internet radio station from your iTunes. You can listen to the broadcast from any internet radio client. You would then need to set up a PS3 media server on your mac, and some how set it up to serve your Nicecast internet radio broadcast. I have not done this but I suspect it is possible. I have seen this done successfully to a Tivo. Using Nicecast does introduce a couple of second delay between the music playing on your Mac and the music that would be playing from your PS3.

Good luck!