PS3 and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrmiller24, Jul 25, 2008.

1. mrmiller24 macrumors newbie

I had an idea which i have also posted on a PS3 fourm (www.PS3news.com)
    basically its using the iPhones remote capabilities
    we all know apple released a wifi remote app for the iphone that lets you access itunes from your iphone and play it off your laptop or mac
    and then i downloaded the free VNC lite app that is like a remote desktop on your iphone. i was enjoying the first day of my iphone but i was stumped that nobody has thought of this
    creating an application that turns your iphone into a bluetooth remote for your ps3
    if i had this i believe that my iPhone would be complete, however i am not smart enough on a computer to create my own app so ive hit the idea up here hoping that someone who is will read it

2. Cool6324 macrumors member

It won't ever happen. Us developers don't have access to bluetooth. Is there any sort of protocol to control it over the internet?

3. MacMalv macrumors regular

brilliant idea, i would definatly pay for that. Problem is is with the bluetooth, however it might work over wifi somehow, just like remote with iTunes.

4. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

There is the remote play protocol, but I don't think anybody's reversed and documented it.

It basically streams audio and video to a device (the PSP), and gets button presses streamed back. Also needs USB to pair the devices (probably just allows connections from the MAC address).

5. mrmiller24 thread starter macrumors newbie

so it couldnt happen via bluetooth but could be possible to control it like the psp can control it?

6. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a