PS3 and Time capsule...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spacemanps, Mar 5, 2010.

1. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

Okay so lately my PS3 (or rather since i got it) i have been getting disconnected in the middle of games. The weird part is that it wont immediately kick me, ill have a good 5 min of play time and then it will close out and have me resign in. But if i get the message (i dont know the error code, ill post it later) and then sign in again (inthe middle of the game) it will reconnect fine and continue fine. Its just very annoying that i get that message, its something to the extent i have been disconnected from PS network error XXXX. And i have recently been getting a lot of timeout and lag..

I am currently using a Belkin (http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F5D9230-4-Wireless-G-Plus-Router/dp/B000E5BKP0) i also have a time capsule that i NEVER use its pretty much turned off...

I was wondering how the time capsule works with the ps3... any one with disconnects or lag or anything? Or any other experience?

Oh and when ever i do a connection test i always get at least 4 of download and 1 of upload..

2. spacemanps thread starter macrumors regular

spacemanps

3. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I use a time capsule as my router, and my PS3 works great. If you're having issues, it might be your PS3 DNS issues. Google "PS3 OpenDNS" - should help... let me know.