PS3 bluetooth headset compatible with iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Meridon, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Meridon macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone has picked up the bluetooth headset for the PS3 and can confirm that it can be used with the iphone 3g as well? I've read a couple reviews from small sites that people claim to have been able to get them working but not enough for me to fully believe the internets.

The only reason I ask is because I know both Sony and Apple have tendencies to have their products only make nice with other company branded hardware.

Thanks in advance.

2. me-mac macrumors newbie

PS3 wireless headset CEJH-15002

Yes, I bought one today and can confirm that it works with the iPhone 3G and on my macbook pro. It took some time for both the computer and the phone to actually discover the device but I eventually got it set up. Both the phone and the computer will ask you for a PIN number... - Enter "0000" and it should pair fine. You can answer a call by pressing the main button. A good all-rounder that you can use for Skype, PS3 and the iPhone 3G. If it doesn't pair straight away, try turning the headset off and on again.

3. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

Yep, I bought one as well and they work together just fine.

One thing to note - the headset has a priority list of what it will pair with, so say you've linked it to your ps3 and iPhone (it will keep a few items to pair with in its memory - I forget how many) and the ps3 is turned on - it always gives priority to the ps3 for pairing. Just keep this in mind if you turn it on while your ps3 is on and wonder why it's not linking to the phone. There might be a way to force it to switch after it's on, but I've never had to deal with it.

4. Meridon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, after a month I figured the topic would never get an answer :p

Guess now I really have something to look forward to under the christmas tree now :D

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I'm trying to use my PS3 headset with my MacBook Pro but it constantly sees it as "off" after pairing. Any ideas? :confused:

6. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I was having trouble pairing them since I had lost the instruction manual for the headset but you just have to make sure Bluetooth is enabled on the phone and that you hold the power button on the headset for a long time until the ring starts flashing red. Works great!

7. ravencr macrumors member

8. brewno macrumors 6502

Thank you so much :D

9. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

I had a first Gen iPhone 2G it worked great with that, and now I have an iPhone 3Gs and works just as well with it, if you are curios about the stock password, I think it's 0000, or 1111? one of those. You can pick these babies up at Wal-Mart or any electronic store.

A simple YouTube search "pairing PS3 bluetooth headset with iPhone" will have an easy video instructions on how to sync it with your iPhone