PS3 controller help nothing works

yuckfou4202005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
hi I have tried all the normal tricks to try to get this working on my Mac 21.5 mid 2010 running OSX 10.9.1, I have an official PS3 controller that works fine with my PS3 but i can't seem to get it to connect to my mac tried most everything please help. If I use gamepad companion I can individually map buttons while plugged in through usb plug in not bluetooth wireless. It won't even show up in bluetooth preference, what it show's up as is 00-32-00-de-99-a1. :(

Last edited:

yuckfou4202005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
I can't turn off my bluetooth because my keyboard & mouse are bluetooth, how can i work around that.

epic-retouching

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2014
I plugged it in through USB, turned it on then I unplugged it. At least I think I did this, it was a long while ago. All I know is I did exactly what that guide told me.

GreyMatta

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2007
England
I plugged it in through USB, turned it on then I unplugged it. At least I think I did this, it was a long while ago. All I know is I did exactly what that guide told me.
I did exactly the same thing on both a Mac mini and rMBP with a dual shock 3 in 10.9.2. The only other thing I had to do was reset the DS3 with a pin at the bottom to get it to connect to the mini. I think this was probably because it was still paired with the rMBP.

I think I am going to get a wired XBox 360 controller so at least the buttons correspond to what the game tells me to press. They are only £25.