PS3 controller not working on Yosemite

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Edgar Spayce, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Edgar Spayce macrumors regular

I use to use a DS3 on Moutain Lion with my old Macbook Air. Amongst many (too many) other problems on my new Macbook Pro which I'm having more and more reason to ditch, I just can't seem to be able to pair a PS3 Controller on Yosemite.

Tried resetting the controller, plugging, unplugging, pushing the PS3 button, activating-reactivating bluetooth etc...

It simply doesn't work. This is one of too many Yosemite bug and I'm about to retake my old Macbook Air for transport and switch to PC for serious work or gaming.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

1. connect ps3 controller with USB cable attached

2. in the bluetooth menu in menu bar you will see it listed as just a range of numbers. Click on that and say connect

3. unplug usb cable

4. you go back into bluetooth menu and click PS Controller - choose connect

5. IT WONT APPEAR IN BLUETOOTH PREFERENCES - just in the bluetooth menu here

6. Play .... When you want to disconnect - click on bluetooth menu and choose disconnect.

[​IMG]

You don't need drivers or additional software unless your button mapping. I just plug in and play. Just worked three seconds ago with Lego Jurassic World (steam) - no additional configuration required.

3. Edgar Spayce thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks but as I said, it doesn't work: there's no device at all appearing in my bluetooth window, nothing. That's the problem.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Are you connecting initially with the USB cable ?

5. Edgar Spayce thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I connected, disconnected, did several combination, it is recognised as a device (weirdly enough, a hard drive, since when I disconnect it I get a "the HD was not disconnected correctly" notification), but nothing in bluetooth devices.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Very weird indeed...

7. Edgar Spayce thread starter macrumors regular

One of Yosemite many screwings I guess

8. CyberSouldier macrumors newbie

CyberSouldier

My Controller appears in the list but when i try to play it doesnt work :\
    It doesnt even work when i keep it plugged . this started happening when i first charged my controller using my mac