PS3 Controller, via Bluetooth, on Windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by G.O.B, Jan 9, 2011.

1. G.O.B macrumors member

Hey,

Just wondering if it's possible to use a PS3 controller for games on the iMac, running Windows 7 through Bootcamp? I've been able to use it whilst connected by USB, but really want to be able to use it through Bluetooth, so I can sit a bit further back. Must say that all the online guides are too general, too convoluted, or don't cover the built-in Bluetooth of the iMac, assuming that one is connecting an external adaptor to their PC.

Thanks!

2. jace88 macrumors regular

jace88

From what I've read with MotionInJoy's driver for the PS3 controller on Windows7, there is limited Bluetooth support and it's a bit patchy.

Maybe it'll be easier/more reliable just to get a cheap USB extension cable for a couple of dollars.

3. Zak.V macrumors member

Jace is right. Motionjoy allows you to get the bluetooth connection working but you wont be able to use your standard bluetooth hardware to detect/connect anything else. The only fix is to reinstall the orignal driver.

If you can get a bluetooth dongle then the issue would be solved as the dongle can be dedicated to the ps3/motionjoy driver