Ps3 deals online

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by SMkdesigns, Sep 17, 2008.

1. SMkdesigns macrumors regular

where are some ps3 deals online. I found alot of sites i have never heard of selling brand new 40 gb 60 gb for around 250 to 300.

i was wondering if anyone new of any.

and what is the best one to buy i mean the 60 gb 80gb i heard they are cutting our backward comp.

so help me out here

thanks

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Well.. don't try to buy one for too cheap. It could be fake :eek:. It's not easy to find big deals on consoles... So I don't know of any right now.

3. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

yea i was looking at getting a 40 gb i dont really care about backward compat, i am wondering about how fast i would fill up 40 gb. i would assume not fast but i just done know

4. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I've used a lot of my 80gb. Maybe half... I put music on it (not much, maybe around 200 songs), demos, videos, d/l content and games.

5. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

yea i am thinking if the whole 400 dollars is worth it. I have been looking on craigslist and finding some 40gb for 300 to 350 and some 80 gb for 375 and such. i know the ps3 has a year warranty so i am thinking about craigslist. But i am also thinking about just buying it new.. what do you think?

I am trading my iphone for the cash for a ps3, i have my macbook now, and i really dont need the iphone at this point. i will buy another one later on and unlock it again

6. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

why are 80 gb ps3 and 40 ps3s both 399 at most store i dont get it at all

please help

7. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

ps3 help me decide. please

yea i am debating on buying new for 399 plus tax. no payments for 90 days bill me later

or buying a used one with 2 controllers and a cooling system bluetooth remote for the ps3. with purchase paperwork. bought in 2/24/2008 so its still under warranty 375 $

both models are 80 gb.

tell me what you think

8. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

The 80 gigger is a replacement for the 40.

9. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

yes but some of the 80gb have backward compat and some of the 80gb dont. the newer 80gb do not have backwards compat

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

1) There was some research on 360 & PS3 cooling systems showing they actually 'shorten' the life of the machines in various ways so even if you do get the PS3 second hand, do not use the cooler. Besides the PS3 doesn't have a cooling issue anyway.....

2) Not to be snippy but put simply & bluntly...

Get whatever you can afford, none of us here are your accountants or know how financially viable either transaction is to you at this given time.

WE know nothing about how this transaction will affect you - other than the fact you are looking at a 90 day bill me later (therefore are we to assume you don't have the finances?) or a used machine (so therefore you do have the finances ???)....

Be a grown up and make up your own mind taking into account your own financial circumstances.

There is no other enlightenment to be found here. It's the same machine regardless. Pay 'YOUR' money and take 'YOUR' choice.... No one here is going to be responsible for the transaction other than you at the end of the day.

Silly thread!

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Did you need to start two threads about looking for a ps3? :confused:

Another candidate for the 'should I buy/sell' sticky I think!!

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

... There are 2 of these threads by the same OP in the same day?

13. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I bought mine at duty free last week. It was £50 less and came with a game of choice.

I'm really impressed with it! Great machine. Runs silent compared to my 360 and it's much more snappy to navigate. The only neg for me is the controls. I find the 360's easier on my wrists.

14. evan g macrumors regular

Well I got a 40GB because I don't do any of the following:

- Watch videos, that's what the TV's for

- Listen to much music, that's what my iPod's for

- Keep too many demos. If I liked it, I might keep it long enough for me to get the game but that's it!

- Backwards compatability isn't a big deal to me because, hey, that's what my PS2s for.

I have like 10 games and I still don't need to worry about replacing my hard drive.

As for the 80GB and 40GB for the same price, I bought my 40GB for $399 at Best Buy, and while I was there I picked up Assassin's Creed. Now that they are coming out with a 80GB model for the same price I feel a little ripped off, but I wouldn't trade my PS3 in. I don't yet know if this $399 80GB PS3 has backward compatibility though, and if it does, I will admit I will be PISSED.

15. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

None of the current PS3 models have backwards compatibility. :(