PS3 first person shooters...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spacemanps, Feb 22, 2010.

1. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

So i have a ps3... and COD MW2 has pretty much owned my life for the last 2 months or something...

i went into gamestop the other day and i was talking to the guy about MAG and Battlefield 2 (the one coming out in a bit) whats all your opinions about both those games...

Which one will be better?
    which will have a better multi-player (i used to play battlefield on PC, it was the ****!)

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

MAG is online only, it by far has the best online capabilities of any shooter. It is however very tactical, and if you are in to the no skill arcade style COD online combat it might not be too enjoyable.

256 players online at once in MAG, great tactical shooter, good team play, you really can't beat that.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

256 players online but really its broken down to an 8x8 arena/zone isn't it?

Is it similar to Graws multiplayer? That was slow and more tactful than most other shooters.

Only thing i hate the sound of is 'online only'.

I need a single player campaign or an arena based game with option for Bots (like UT3)

4. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I tend to agree...though I have to admit I still have fun with Warhawk!

5. ChixChopstix macrumors newbie

6. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Ugh, MW2 sucks after a couple weeks and is made for noobs, basically a "My First Shooter" game. Bad Company 2 is awesome, Killzone 2 is awesome and actually requires a lot of skill, and Resistance 2 is an awesome co-op game.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

MAG is great, I've spent a lot of hours playing it...it has a lot of players online and its very fun.

Bless

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I gotta say i have both MW2 and BC2 and currently i can say i really get a lot of adrenalin from playing BC2, it's just that good. Puts you right into a almost real world battle field.

I would highly recommend getting BC2 right away and play online!

9. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I enjoy Modern Warfare 2. I've played all of the Call of Duty games, so I guess I'm just into that style of gameplay. I don't really like the tactical shooters... I get bored too quickly. I just wanna shoot people in the head.

10. Lobeyone macrumors newbie

The only 2 I play are BF2 and MW2 which are both great.
    I had Killzone 2 but traded it after a month or two as I found it too slow and clunky compared to other FPS games I have played. The graphics and effects are superb though.
    I have MW2 for both the 360 and now the PS3. Gameplay/graphics are superb. Free for all is spoiled by boosters but apart from that it's been my No 1 since it came out.
    I purchased BF2 yesterday after agonizing over dropping $69.99+tax on it. I had played the demo and was really impressed. I have to say after only a couple of hours play I was blown away. MW2 is slicker, but the option of using vehicles which I used to love in Battlefield Vietnam years ago makes for a deeper gameplay experience.

In my humble opinion of course.

11. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

IMO, Resistance 1s multiplayer was better because it took you through the story instead of random missions.

12. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I like the random missions, and the levelling, buying new gear etc.