PS3 Flower

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, Feb 16, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

A great game, I love it! :)

It makes me happy that people still have the courage to make and release games like this.

Probably not for everyone though.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep I bought it too and its excellent and very addictive.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

6. Dohbrain macrumors newbie

Dohbrain

Simply Amazing

I don't post here much, if at all, but I look at threads all the time.

Anyway I have to say this is THE most beautiful game I've ever played, it definitely does what other games can't.

I love to soar high into the air then turn to see the whole landscape and my petal trail. It's simply fantastic.

7. JonMan macrumors member

I know the visuals on this game are fantastic, but I have to ask -- what is the point of the game? I get that this is not designed to be your typical shoot-em-up game, but what sets it apart from a screen saver?

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

What's the point of any game ? To entertain, to stimulate and to reward the user.

This Flower does.

It does reward too, when you finish a level you are awarded falling leaves/petals and the amount you receive tells you how well you do. Get one, replay and see if you can get more etc.... It's very subtle but works.

9. Dohbrain macrumors newbie

Dohbrain

Is the max 3? I really liked this, the credits were long but flying about like a dragon at the end was fun. The last 2 levels were kinda weird and dark compared to the others.
    I think I can just play this whenever I have to calm down or rewind.
    Awesome.

10. badlydrawn macrumors newbie

badlydrawn

The sunset and night levels were wonderful, beautiful colours... the later darker levels creeps me out a bit - won't be replaying those that often. But as mentioned, a game you can pickup and play just to relax.

11. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I have to say, I don't find this game peaceful at all. Sure the music and graphics are but I'm flying around trying to complete the objective. Ain't no time to be floating away with the music, I got flowers to pop :p

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's how you go for the women in the nightclubs too eh! ;)

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Those darker levels suck....I would rather go through the game without having to avoid the lighten rods and cleaning the city(screw the city)and just go with the wind...pun intended.

Overall the game is good with excellent music. I usually just start up my PS3 and highlight the flower icon and let the music play....its nice.

Bless

14. evan g macrumors regular

Ha ha ha you do that too? Oh, good I thought I was on my own boat. That and Everyday Shooter.

I loved Flower more that I thought I would for $10. It was a huge breath of fresh air (pun NOT intended).

I pledge to buy (hopefully) everything that comes out from thatgamecompany. :)

15. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I bought it right before I left for travel for a couple weeks. Turns out that the return of my travel corresponded directly to the release of Killzone 2. Beating Flower and finishing up w/ Motorstorm are high on my priorities as soon as I finish KZ2!

16. stujmac26 macrumors regular

Thanks for the recommendations guys - will check this out :D

17. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I bought it, it's real chill. I enjoyed playing it. My GF was lookin at me funny cuz I was swinging the controller around lol