PS3 freezing when playing Planet Earth

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by yoyo5280, Oct 13, 2007.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

So my dad just got his amazing new Bluray planet earth discs and popped em straight in the PS3 and started to watchin. It is truly amazing, except for the fact that the playstation waz constantly freezing, then when it woke up skipped to a random chapter of the disc! Is this commen? We have firmware 1.93 I think

2. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Update to the newest firmware, make sure the disc is also nice and spotless.

Did you try standing your PlayStation3 in opposite position?

Also, if you dont have any other problems with any other discs/movies, it may be a pressing error.

Kinda like how all those copies of Halo 3 are bad. Even slight pressing errors can happen.

I got a copy of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Gamecube. No scratches. No dirt/scuffs. Gamecube works fine. As soon as you try to enter a stage, it gives an error message stating that It can not read the disc.

3. slimp macrumors newbie

i rented discs 1 and 2 of planet earth on blue ray from netflix. disc 1 played fine but disc 2 gave me the same errors that you described. i'm thinking it must have been a bad pressing, maybe he can return the movies and try a different set?

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Sounds like your PS3 needs a Global Warming patch.

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It's more than likely a bad disc. I own Planet Earth and have played through every disc at least 4 times with no freezing or skipping. Call the disc manufacturer, most will replace the disc for free.

You may also want to make sure that your PS3 is on the latest firmware, a few of the earlier FW versions would BD freezing only if you were using WiFi. That was cured by a FW revision.

Sony: 800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)

PE is distributed by BBC Warner
    Warner Home Video's customer service department: 1-866-488-4640. - http://www2.warnerbros.com/main/help/whv/whv_dvd_help.html#15
    Best of luck to you
    Ed

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

"Nobody fools Mother Nature!"

7. risc macrumors 68030

risc

No issues with Planet Earth here, like others have said it sounds like a bad copy.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I want all the episodes of planet earth....:(

I can't find them....:(

Bless

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I had no idea Planet Earth was this popular, seems to be a global release or something. Good ol BBC.

10. risc macrumors 68030

risc

It isn't available in Australia on Blu-ray. The North American release is all region so I just imported it.